City of Canyonville / Council Room
The Council Chambers shall be available for use with the council, City boards and commissions having priority. Scheduling of the use shall be handled by the administrative staff of the City, and such use is governed by the following rules:
1. Keys for the Council Room are to be picked up from City Hall before closing (usually 5:00 p.m. unless closing early for a holiday) not more than two days prior to the day of use. Keys are to be returned to City Hall immediately following use. They can be put in the drop box outside City Hall.
2. Use of the Council Room will allow the user to have access to the tables, chairs, P/A speaker system, overhead projector, dry erase boards, TV/VCR combo, and public restrooms as noted on their application.
3. Smoking is not allowed in the Council Room.
4. No tacks or nails are to be driven into the walls.
5. No scotch tape shall be affixed to the walls, door trim, etc.
6. Masking tape may be used to affix signs or decorations. All taped signs or decorations must be removed at the conclusion of the use.
7. Users shall apply reasonable care to contain noise within the building.
8. Do not move or remove equipment without prior written authorization.
9. No chairs or tables are to be taken from the Council Room unless specific written permission has previously been obtained from the City. Tables and chairs may not be rented to others.
10. Tables and chairs are to be placed in the configuration shown on the back of these rules at the end of the use.
11. Any spills (coffee, tea, soft drinks or any other liquids) are to be cleaned up immediately (Mops, brooms, wipes, etc. are available in the storage cabinet on the wall).
12. All use shall cease and the building closed by 10:00 p.m. unless approved in advance by the City.
13. The person signing the rental agreement shall be deemed responsible for locking all doors, turning off the lights, disposing of garbage in the dumpster at the south end of City hall, relining garbage cans, and returning the keys as specified in Rule #1.
14. The person signing the rental agreement shall be responsible for all damage to the building or its contents. This applies to misuse, vandalism, or carelessness, not normal wear and tear.
15. The council chamber is used by the City and must be kept clean. If it is required to be cleaned as a result of the use the user will be charged a cleaning cost at the rate of ________ per hour per person. The minimum charge for such cleaning will be ________. The cost of cleaning will be billed to the user and that individual/organization will not be eligible to use the council room again for one year. If the council room is in need of cleaning, or if any damages result from the use of the room, it will be assumed that the last user is responsible and will be treated accordingly. Therefore, you should inspect the room before your use and immediately report any damage, litter, inoperative equipment, etc. to City Hall at 839-4258 or leave a message on the machine.
16. NOTE: An application need not be completed by civic and fraternal organizations who meet in the council room on a scheduled, regular basis.